The kick-off to the 20th ANNIVERSARY BONE TOUR will be in San Diego at the Comic-Con International. I’m a guest this year and I think it’s going to be a fun year. Here are the goodies we are debuting at the Cartoon Books booth:
The BONE boys! The Fone Bone plush was a big hit a couple of years ago, and this summer his two cousins are with him. Premiering at this year’s Comic-Con is plush Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone.
The 20th Anniversary Box Set that contains a hardcover One Volume Edition of BONE in full color…
…plus a lot sweet goodies, like a miniature reproduction of BONE #1, a DVD, and a Phoney Bone gold coin. I like this set a lot. Can you tell?
I’m flipping through the 20th Anniversary Timeline/Cover Gallery Book. That’s the DVD documentary peeking out of the back there. On the couch is the mini reproduction of BONE #1
The other big premiere will be RASL Book 3: Romance at the Speed of Light. Wait’ll you see the RASL side of our booth this year. It’s Tesla-riffic!
I will be signing at the Cartoon Books booth (#2109) every day and participating in various panels. Here is my Comic-Con schedule:
Preview Night July 20th:
• 7 pm-9 pm: Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
Thursday, July 21st:
• 1:30pm-3:30pm Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
• 5:00pm-6:00pm Panel: Epic Literary Adventure, Room 9 with Jeff Smith, Anders Nilsen, and Brian Ralph
Friday, July 22nd:
• 10:00am-12:00pm Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
• 12:30pm-1:30pm Jeff and Vijaya Panel: Spotlight on Jeff Smith, Room 5AB,
• 4:00pm-6:00pm Cartoon Books Booth Signing SPECIAL “Quest for the Spark” signing with Jeff Smith, Tom Sniegoski and Steve Hamaker
Saturday, July 23rd:
• 11:00am-12:00pm Panel: Will Eisner–Visionary, Room 9, Moderated by Charles Brownstein, Panel Participants: Jeff Smith, Paul Levitz, Denis Kitchen, Diana Shutz, and ScottMcCloud
• 12:30pm-2:30pm Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
• 1:30pm-2:30pm Vijaya Panel: Is the Comic Book Doomed? Room 24ABC with Doug Wolk
• 4:00pm-6:00pm Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
Sunday, July 24th:
• 10:00am-11:00am Panel: Cover Story-The Art of the Cover, Room 25ABC 2:00pm-3:00pm Moderated by Mark Evanier, Panel Participants Jeff Smith, Ernie Chan, Jo Chen, Alan Davis, Dave Gibbons and Ashley Wood
• 4:00pm-5:00pm Jeff Smith signing at the Cartoon Books Booth #2109
Consult your program guide for panel room #s.
If you can’t make it to a show on the 2011 BONE 20th Anniversary Tour, don’t worry, because just like last year, we will have a store sale that includes Jeff’s signature on every book that you purchase. More on that later this week!